• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActiveXcontrol with own plugins

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Is it possible to use the read ActiveXControl with own read plugins ?

So that I first modify the read with my own plugin and then use the ActiveXControl in my code to use the modified reader.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want the plugin to be able to do? Docs in an external Windows still have AVDoc and PDDoc so many APIs are possible. Running plugin code may be the biggest challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a text there, it must trigger te calling application to do someting for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn’t sound easy but do you already have a way to do this in the Reader window directly? What is the text, a custom annotation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a text (no annotation, just searchable text), I must do something in the calling application. (a software package from my company) So I want to embed the adobe reader, in my own software package and I need to do something when I click on a text in the embedded reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you worked out a way to process those clicks? This is what concerns me the most. The detail of sending this to your app is not major, perhaps just a PostMessage.  Also, you need to make sure you do nothing in other cases (if the document is not opened by your app) so you need a way to detect this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't worked out anything yet. I was just wondering if I could use the ActiveXControl or that I have to make a plugin for the reader only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ActiveX control you are entirely under the control of Reader, so it's basically a Reader plug-in. There is a license to apply for, and if accepted, a fee. You will need to start your development with Acrobat Pro (no extra fee or license program).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Acrobat DC pro license. How do you think I can solve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the click issue to start with. You’ll need to start study of the plugin SDK. In communicating with your app consuder that the click is happening in Acrobat’s or Reader’s address space, not your app’s. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think so. I have to click on a word in a pdf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn’t a “word was clicked” callback but perhaps someone can suggest how you can receive general clicks. You’d then extract the location of each word of the page, and see if it coincided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this wordcallback is in the SDK, not the ActiveXControl, or do I miss something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is all in the C++ plugin. Nothing in the ActiveX Control API. But Acrobat is what displays the control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I think correct, you say make a plugin with the sdk, and youse the activeXControl in the calling application to embed it there ? Or am I wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds right.  Has anyone here tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines