• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add JavaScript automatically to PDF during DOCX to PDF conversion

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert a Word to a PDF I would like to have JavaScript added automatically. The functionality like inks etc being kept during the conversation is very limited. Currently I need to add functionality to the PDF by means of JavaScrip manually to allow e.g. jumps to attached documents. Is there any posibitly to automate that?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it can be automated. You just need to be clever with how the JavaScript is written so that it's portable.

The Acrobat DC ribbon in Word includes an option to "Create and Run Action" which will create the PDF file as normal and then immediately run an action on the new file. Actions can run JavaScripts and JavaScripts can be used to add buttons, links, bookmarks, etc to the PDF that also have JavaScripts associated with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good morning,

thank you for the quick and helpful answer, I'm bit late with my answer .

Is there any documentation for guidance?

btw. is that somehow possible when you create PDF with at TeX engine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines