Add Menu Item - app.response & Acrobat Help

Advocate ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that if I add a menu item (with a .js in the user folder) in the main Help menu, the first app.response will not let me enter any text. If I place that script in any other main Acrobat menu, it works. My guess it's because the Help menu already contain a search entry. That the only difference between this menu and the others. Am I riht with that finding? 

Try with this sample code:

function alertMe(){
var cMsg = app.response("Enter the message:");
var cMsg2 = app.response("Enter the message2:");
app.alert (cMsg+cMsg2);
}
//
app.addMenuItem({cName:"Alerte Me!", cParent:"Help", cExec:"alertMe();" });

Is their a workaround this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Advocate , Sep 21, 2019
Jean-Claude Tremblay Advocate , Sep 21, 2019
I'm using the latest version of DC. A good night of sleep and a restart of the computer and it's working as expected. But I swear, the first app.response was not working last night. 

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat does you use? The script is working in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of DC. A good night of sleep and a restart of the computer and it's working as expected. But I swear, the first app.response was not working last night. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes a restart of the system will help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines