• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Pages in a Form

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for some help. I am very new with Adobe and I am working on a form that has radio buttons and I want to add pages into the form when a button is selected. I have made my 2 additional pages templates with the names: Additonal 1 and Additional 2. I am struggling with the script to make this happen. Any help would be awesome!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What script does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a script I'm using. That is what I'm looking for guidance with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to spawn pages from the Templates or to show/hide them? What code are you using, and what happens when you use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a single page for with fields to be filled and radio buttons to be checked. I have 2 buttons, that when checked will add a new form with new fields to be completed. If both buttons are selected then the form would be a total of 3 pages. I am new to the scripts, so I am looking for guidance on the correct script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do this you'll need to use a Page Template. You'll find plenty of posts here on this topic. Here's a search:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&...

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made both additional pages templates within the file. I am looking for the script that will bring these additional pages up with the button is selected. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use the method spawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on a script to write in on a mouse up button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at some of the other posts about templates. There are several examples of using the spawn method. Test it out from the console window, so you know how it all works, before using the script on the checkboxes. 

You'll find a tutorial here using the Console:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free_Videos.cfm#JSIntro

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines