Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a signature causes a 'Link Annotation Modified'

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If I have a document which pages are indexed and I add 2 DidSig signature on an indexed page, I get a 'Annotation Modified' on the Signature panel (left side):

The signature was newly added, no other change. Is this normal, is there a way around it?

Thanks

~Bastian

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Since the first signature is an approval signature and not a certifying signature, we warn viewers that the document has been modified and why. This is a GOOD THING…

If you don’t want this, then use a certifying signature the first time on a document to declare the rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the PDF in question so we can examine it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here is a simple document showing this behavior: Word document with table of content, converted to PDF with Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10, then signed with 'iSign Solutions' Sign-it plug-in (formerly CIC).

Thanks so much for looking into this.

Don't know how to upload a document on this forum, but here is the dropbox link:

Dropbox - Adobe Case example document.pdf - Simplify your life

Hope this works, let me know

~Bastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the first signature is an approval signature and not a certifying signature, we warn viewers that the document has been modified and why. This is a GOOD THING…

If you don’t want this, then use a certifying signature the first time on a document to declare the rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into it. Makes sense, just wanted to know if this is the expected behavior.

Actual if I pre-populate the document with all signatures before signing, no modification is showen after all signatures are signed.

Thanks

~Bastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My reply was a bit late. I have some questions about this answer:
1. For a pdf without a table of content, there is no problem with two approval signatures.
2. For a pdf with a table of content, there is no problem with only one approval signature.

3. For a pdf with a table of content, there is a problem with two approved signatures.

4. The PDF Reference does not seem to prohibit this situation.

5. Some old versions of Acrobat do not have this warning, for example: Acrobat Pro 10.0

I want to know what rules Adobe Reader‘s warning are based on? hope for further explanation, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines