If I have a document which pages are indexed and I add 2 DidSig signature on an indexed page, I get a 'Annotation Modified' on the Signature panel (left side):
The signature was newly added, no other change. Is this normal, is there a way around it?
Can you post the PDF in question so we can examine it?
Sure, here is a simple document showing this behavior: Word document with table of content, converted to PDF with Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10, then signed with 'iSign Solutions' Sign-it plug-in (formerly CIC).
Thanks so much for looking into this.
Don't know how to upload a document on this forum, but here is the dropbox link:
Hope this works, let me know
Since the first signature is an approval signature and not a certifying signature, we warn viewers that the document has been modified and why. This is a GOOD THING…
If you don’t want this, then use a certifying signature the first time on a document to declare the rights.
Thanks for looking into it. Makes sense, just wanted to know if this is the expected behavior.
Actual if I pre-populate the document with all signatures before signing, no modification is showen after all signatures are signed.
My reply was a bit late. I have some questions about this answer:
1. For a pdf without a table of content, there is no problem with two approval signatures.
2. For a pdf with a table of content, there is no problem with only one approval signature.
3. For a pdf with a table of content, there is a problem with two approved signatures.
4. The PDF Reference does not seem to prohibit this situation.
5. Some old versions of Acrobat do not have this warning, for example: Acrobat Pro 10.0
I want to know what rules Adobe Reader‘s warning are based on? hope for further explanation, Thank you!