• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding an incremental prefix to bates numbering

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The New Zealand Judiciary have recently changed changed how they want documents numbered for court hearings. I have been trying to find out how to bates number using JS with no success so i am hoping you all can help.

Basically what is required is that every document in a court bundle needs to be paginated. Easy. However the pagination needs a prefix to also reflect the (printed) volume number the document is in. Which is fine i can do each volume separately but i was hoping for a more automated approach.

So for example the bundle might be paginated like

Volume 101

doc one is paginated 101.0001-101.0250

doc 2 is paginated 101.0251-101.0300,

Volume 102

doc 3 is paginated 101.0301-102.0400

doc 4 is paginated 102.0401-102.0599

Volume 103

doc 5 is paginated 103.0600-103.0700

My current method is to combine the documents into pdf files for each volume (named as the volume number), then bates number using Adobe's Bate numbering function and manually insert volume number as a prefix. What i was hoping for was a JS that would take these volume pdfs and then either:

1. insert the filename (truncated to remove "pdf") and then add a bates number; or

2. insert a prefix that incremented by file and then added a bates number. In this option it would be great to be able to choose the starting volume number

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both things are possible, but would require the development of a custom-made script.

Also, the second one is a bit trickier because it requires maintaining a persistent variable, even between sessions of the application. It is possible, but you would need to adjust your settings of the application for it to work. And of course, you will only be able to run it on one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines