Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Calculations to PDF Fields

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to make some of my fields calculate basic math like adding two fields together as a sum in a third field and making fields link to have the same number in them throughout the pdf document. Attached is the form I am trying to add the calculations to.

Fields "Undefined 6 and Undefined 7" should be the sums of "undefined" + "undefined 2" and "undefined 4".

Thank you for any and all help!!! I have banged my head on the desk about 111 times thus far.Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Select the field name and press the space bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the built-in Sum option under the Calculate tab of the field where you want to display the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the super fast reply! I did try this several times but it is not letting me select the two fields to add together in the list. It's not letting me assign a check mark to the box of the field and it would let me select anything. I tried several times. Please see the ss below.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the field name and press the space bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You made my day! Thank you so much for helping me and teaching me something new that I look forward to implementing:D I hope a lot of nice things happen to you this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines