• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro Custom Validation Script

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a form in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC which will require a user to fill in the following fields: name, business name, phone number, email address, verify email address, & account #. All these fields must be filled out and what's entered must be validated. In the Validate tab for each field I see that I can enter a custom validation script. I have no knowledge of Javascript.

How can I find the correct custom validation scripts to use for each field?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you'll have to either learn about scripting in Acrobat or hire a developer.

Next, you have to decide what makes a valid field. Phone numbers and emails follow well established patterns, so you'll find plenty of regular expressions for validating these with a google search, but what makes a name or business name valid? Just being not empty?  Addresses are very difficult because there is only standardization within a specific area, and even that is sketchy.  You can validate things like zip codes and state names, but address numbers and other components of an address vary considerably.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for the name, business name, and account # fields, just not being empty, where the user has to enter something in these fields. I'll try some google searches for phone number and email regular expressions as you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines