• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Form with Fill and Sign

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help, I'm new at creating forms and need help with fill and sign.

I have created a form for customers to fill in and then sign using a stylus pen.  Is there any way in which the form can be set to auto bring up the fill & sign box when the field is selected on the form and automatically set the signature within the field.

thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not my area but I'm sure a few people may reply with possible solutions to you before tomorrow; I think this can be achieved using a on mouse up or on blurr script.

Where I see it may not be as simple is the part that you want to apply a signature automatically. It  kind of defies the purpose of securely signing documents, specially  if such form falls in the wrong hands.

Are the signature fields requiring uploading  digital certificates, adding an image,  an ink signature or typed in? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks the signatures are typed in 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

I am surprised that none of the usual people that jump in some of the threads  that I've participated have shown no immediate interest in your inquiry yet.

I read something last night. I will post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MODIFIED ANSWER

Here is a thread

posted by Karl Heinz Kremer back a few years ago; it describes a simple short javascript method to insert a digital signature with digital  certificate.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/25141005/Acrobat-pro-automate-inserting-signatures-javasc... 

The only issue is that, in order for it to work, the script has to be adapted as a folder level script.

This means that a script is able to upload the signature file that you created onto a signature field automatically.

And this could be possible as long as that signature file is saved locally in a folder (or directory ) in the computer where the PDF document is being use.

If the signature  file is not installed in the computer where the pdf document is used,  you will get an error since the script is expecting to find  your signature file in the directory path that was instructed in the script.

You may also use e-sign in combination with syncing to the document cloud.

This is option is probably of  most interest to you.

You create a signature by drawing or by taking a picture and then upload it to the document cloud  to make it available accross all of your devices. 

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/capture-and-sync-your-signature.html 

If you decide to develop a script to invoke an action that will open up the fill and sign,  consider that the following  conditions are met prior to executing any javascript

• The e-signature is created following the steps in the link above

• Syncing the created signature to the document cloud to make it available accross all of your devices

• And  applying the signature as long as the user is logged in to the document cloud online or from the device  here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com  at the time of applying such signature

Just remember that, if you are using a javascript to automate the signing process, two things are taking place:

• the URL has to be invoked to retrieve an e-signature from the document cloud

• Then to actually apply the e-signature and save the document.

As you can see in all of the suggestions above, signing a document seems to involve a 2 step process (at minimum) to complete a digital signature in a desired PDF document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines