Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe pro - print specific pages based on value field

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Adobe Pro I created a new form that a user can fill in digitally. But I know a certain part of my customers prefer to print it first and then fill it in.

The form has two drop down list fields. If printed the user can’t see the values in this lists.

I thought about creating a print form along in the same document. If the user fills in the form I want it to print page 1 and if the fields are empty I want to automatically print page 2 and 3.

I tried the “will print” JavaScript but did not succeed yet. Can anyone help me out?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

It's possible, but not via the Will Print event. You would need to add your own Print button to the file to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but not via the Will Print event. You would need to add your own Print button to the file to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I thought of that option too. Evaluate if the fields are filled and then sent a print command.

So it is not possible to overwrite the default printing command from Adobe with a new JavaScript command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Afraid not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines