• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Printing Problem

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Problem with an advamced printing task.

We have many scripts for a TV show to print. We print out each script for each actor. They rip out their scenes and throw away the rest of the script, resulting in 80% of the paper being wasted.

Here comes my question. Is there a way to print out the script for each actor, only printing his/her scenes?

It helps that in a script all character names are written in captial letters (e.G. "JONNY"), so a javascript could search for this exact name. And every scene ends on "***". 

So in my dummy mind I would need a script looking like the following:

seacrh for == "JONNY"

start printing

end on == "***"

I hope my problems gets across...

That you so much for your time!

Stay healthy

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is very likely possible with a script, but it will have to be custom-made for this specific task.
I've developed many similar tools in the past and would be happy to create this one for you, for a fee.

If you're interested feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines