• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate text based on a table.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find a way to automate the alternate text of images with javascript based on a list.

I would like to have javascript reference an attachment or text file that has figure # (1 through 20+) and it's description. This would then automatically be applied to the alternate text of an image as it would find them in the accessibility feature.

I can explain more if needed, but establishing code that references a list of text would be a good place to start.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

To set the alternate text on an image something is needed that can edit the internals of the PDF. This would be either an Acrobat plug-in or a tool build with a PDF SDK/Library. There are such libraries that you can use with Python.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible with a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the confirmation because I've been trying to find various ways to do it with no luck. Do you think it could be possible with python? If the file is in Word I can do it easily with a macro, but I just wondered if there's any tool I could use for pdfs in case I don't have the source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To set the alternate text on an image something is needed that can edit the internals of the PDF. This would be either an Acrobat plug-in or a tool build with a PDF SDK/Library. There are such libraries that you can use with Python.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines