Annoying error alert when I open a PDF with an unsaved PDF still open

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am often working with multiple PDFs open at a time.  If I work on one, leave it open and unsaved, and open another PDF I get an error window that says 'Adobe Acrobat has recovered one or more documents that were not saved properly before Acrobat was shut down.  Click Yes to open the recovered documents.  If you click No, your changes will be lost.' 

The files are still open.  Acrobat didn't recover anything, as far as I know.  Acrobat was not shut down, the files are still open and in no danger of being lost.  This error window is annoying and pointless.  Can I please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE turn this error off somehow?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Annoying error alert when I open a PDF with an unsaved PDF still open

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am often working with multiple PDFs open at a time.  If I work on one, leave it open and unsaved, and open another PDF I get an error window that says 'Adobe Acrobat has recovered one or more documents that were not saved properly before Acrobat was shut down.  Click Yes to open the recovered documents.  If you click No, your changes will be lost.' 

The files are still open.  Acrobat didn't recover anything, as far as I know.  Acrobat was not shut down, the files are still open and in no danger of being lost.  This error window is annoying and pointless.  Can I please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE turn this error off somehow?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a user who has this problem as well. Any ideas what the fix was?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0