Any updates regarding the possibility to automate PDF compare?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I see there are some posts from a year ago where you write that it is not possible to automte PDF compare.

I think this would be a very appriciated option so I wonder if there are any updates regarding this topic?

Is there any way to automate the compare? maybe by starting the Reader from CMD with some input parameters?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Any updates regarding the possibility to automate PDF compare?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I see there are some posts from a year ago where you write that it is not possible to automte PDF compare.

I think this would be a very appriciated option so I wonder if there are any updates regarding this topic?

Is there any way to automate the compare? maybe by starting the Reader from CMD with some input parameters?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 22, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The high level, complex Acrobat feature like the Compare are proprietary to Adobe and are not exposed through the SDK. Nor are they likely to be in the future. There are however lots of 3rd party developers that have created different kinds of PDF compare tools. Comparing PDFs is a tricky thing. Are you comparing text? Graphics? structure? Because of this complexity, each of the 3rd party tools tends to be specific to a niche. So you'll probably find more of what you want there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0