• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone finding that superscript formatting in comments and edits change to subscript?

New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that in the new update of Acrobat that formatting in comments changes after I click out of a comment. That is, if I superscript text it would then change to subscript once I exit the comment in the list (e.g. T0 would become T0).

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew ,

Thanks for reaching us.

We are not able to reproduce the issue in Text Box comment or in Sticky note comment.

Can you please tell the exacts steps.

Regards

Team Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to format text as superscript in comments (Comment > Add text as coment > Text style > Superscript) it changes to superscript in the comments list but after I click out of the comment the superscript text changes to subscript (e.g. T0 would become T0). This happens sometimes but not always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aduait

The 'superscript to subscript' error in comments is still occurring. Some help resolving this would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

we tried it couple of times but were not able to reproduce the issue.

Can you please share the sample file at apokhriy@adobe.com on which this issue is occurring.

Also if possible can you share the video recording of the screen demonstrating the bug.

Thanks and Regards

Aduait Pokhriyal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aduait​ the error seems to come up when trying to use copy + paste as an alternative to the (now missing) Strikethrough and Replace tool in Acrobat Pro DC.

missing-tool-acrobat-dc.jpg

This doesn't seem to occur when using “Add note to replace text” (right click > select "Add Note to Replace Text"). However, that is more onerous than using copy+paste or Strikethrough and Replace. Why was the latter removed from the recent update of Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Text correction commands are now enabled default inside comment App.

A.     Select the text and start typing for Replace Text

B.     Press delete for Strike-through

C.     Start typing without selecting text for Insert Text

More Information at - Annotations: Text Correction Commenting Tools Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andrewb79213435​ ,

Apologies for Inconvenience caused.

We are able to reproduce the Issue in "Replace Text".

We are working on the Issue and provide fix soon.

Thanks and regards

Aduait Pokhriyal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved? I have a user experiencing this issue in Acrobat Pro 2017. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

​ I hope this message finds you well

​I am following your replies on issues and I find them so helpful, please could you help me in this question

​Is there any way to finding superscript text in acrobat I want to generally find the superscript as I run the priflight and make automatic comments on this case

​Waiting for your response and Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, was there any resolution to this issue? I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I am still experiencing this issue on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround:

Throw a couple of return carriages at the end of the comment. For some reason, the superscript remains with more text/spaces after it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still ongoing. No matter how many times I attempt to superscript symbols/clear formatting and start again, they are falling back to subscript. Please can someone advise? The year is 2021. It's been several years since the original post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you end up figuring out a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines