app.alert interferes with .bringToFront()

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script that opens another document, doc B, and brings it to the front. I want to add an app.alert to the script that tells the user to do something with doc B. However, no matter where I place the app alert, i.e. before or after "docB.bringToFront()", the app.alert prevents .bringToFront() from working. If I remove the app.alert() then docB is brought to the front.

I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

app.alert interferes with .bringToFront()

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script that opens another document, doc B, and brings it to the front. I want to add an app.alert to the script that tells the user to do something with doc B. However, no matter where I place the app alert, i.e. before or after "docB.bringToFront()", the app.alert prevents .bringToFront() from working. If I remove the app.alert() then docB is brought to the front.

I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After bringing the document to the front. Set the alert to be triggered after a 100 millisecond timeout.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 0