• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-create bookmark by number of pages listed in excel

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have a 2,000ish page PDF that I need to split into about 400 smaller PDFs each with various numbers of pages. I'm tracking the number of pages for each split, and the beginning page number and last page number from the main large PDF for each individual document (the split locations). Is there a way to use that spreadsheet to auto generate the bookmarks and split? I don't need bookmark names, but if I could use a field from the spreadsheet, that would be nice too. Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be possible with a custom-made script, yes. And there's no need to actually create the bookmarks, either. The script can just extract the page ranges directly. Regarding the file-name, that depends on what you mean by "field". Is this a real form field, or do you just mean some static text on the page? The former is certainly possible. The latter would depend on how it is set up.

If you're interested in hiring a professional to write this script for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com]. Send me some sample pages from this file, as well as a sample spreadsheet with the page numbers to extract, and I'll let you know if I think it's doable, and if so, for how much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if you were ever able to do this? I have the same issue (a 2000-4000-paged PDF that needs to be split up into 2-6-paged PDFs by client names...). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I extend the same invitation to you, too, to contact me privately. I can most likely create for you a stand-alone (paid-for) tool that will do it in a matter of seconds. Acrobat is not built to process that many pages using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines