Auto populate one text field with information depending on selection from dropdown?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hope you can help me I have two fields. The first is called 'Bupa' and it has a Yes or No drop down options. If the user selects Yes I need another text field called 'Informed' to autopopulate with phrase 'Please inform Clare'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

In the "Informed" field as custom calculation script use this code:

event.value = this.getField("Bupa").valueAsString == "Yes" ? "Please inform Clare" : "";

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto populate one text field with information depending on selection from dropdown?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hope you can help me I have two fields. The first is called 'Bupa' and it has a Yes or No drop down options. If the user selects Yes I need another text field called 'Informed' to autopopulate with phrase 'Please inform Clare'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

event.value = this.getField("Bupa").valueAsString == "Yes" ? "Please inform Clare" : "";

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That perfect Nesa. Thank you soo much. Have a good day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0