• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-populating fields based on Excel and value entered in another field

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a form where all the data comes from Excel and auto-populates a few fields into the PDF if a correct value is typed into the first field. I'm basically trying to create a search function that allows information to pop up when searched.

I've noticed that when I try to import data from Excel into the PDF I created, I'm only allowed to select one row of data to import, and it populates all existing form fields on the page. I don't want this. I'm dealing with many rows of data in the Excel spreadsheet. What I would like is to be able to import all data from the Excel file, and have them all as potential data (only showing when the correct value is entered).

I really don't know Javascript but I understand that coding is necessary for these types of features. I've been watching YouTube videos and reading other questions and answers but it seems like it's all going over my head. Is what I'm asking even possible?

Happy to clarify if anything is unclear. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, you need to better explain what you mean, especially this sentence "have them all as potential data (only showing when the correct value is entered)"... Do you mean that you want to populate the fields in based on the selection in one field (such as a drop-down) of a key value? If so, it's possible, but would require the development of quite an advanced script.

I've created a (paid-for) tool that allows you to set such a thing up, based on the data from an external file. If you're interested have a look here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Populate Fields From Dropdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines