Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

autofill ppdf file with data from excel sheet and save to file

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a official PDF file that I need to fill in with a serial number and a date.

So made the pdf to a form, and put in the 2 fields, and manually save it to "date_serialNumber_fixedtext.pdf".

Now the problem is that this take so much time to do it manually because I have about 200 rows to do.

Is it possible to fill the data automatic from the excel file and save the pdf individually per excel row?

Second question, is it possible to do the automation work also in acrobat DC.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do this from an Excel file, but you can do it from an .fdf file. To see how an .fdf file is structured, fill in a few fields of the form and then go to the Prepare Form tool. Under the "More" section, choose Export data. Crack open the .fdf file and you'll be able to see how it's structured. You could technically also do this with an XML file as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's possible to do it. This is called a Mail Merge.

You can do it directly from Excel using some versions of the PDFMaker plugin for Office, or by using a script, like this (paid-for) one I've developed: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/09/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines