Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autofilling government PDF forms

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I want to create a site for attorneys and users who does a lot of legal paperwork. It saves their common information in database - think of first name, last name, address, license number etc. Thereafter, any form that needs such information will be auto-populated.

Here's on such form:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/g-28.pdf 

Seems like all such government forms are protected with owner password. Can someone please shade light on how can I achieve this goal?

Thank you!

Pratik

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be extremely difficult to do, bordering on impossible, I think. It would only work if the files allow importing data without removing the Reader Rights applied to them (like the one you shared) AND if the field names in all of those files are the same, which they are very unlikely to be. Short of that you would need to write some kind of AI-algorithm to identify where to insert each piece of information...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you would need to create a mapping for each individual form...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Mapping fields for each forms is what my intent. Let's say ID of first name field in g-28 form is "g_28_fn" and my database field name is simply "first_name". I would have mapping for form g-28 stores as

g_28_fn: first_name

But, what I don't know is how to figure out all the field IDs in G-28 form without knowing owner password?

While giving information please keep in mind that I am new to Acrobat ecosystem. I understand JavaScript and frontend development quite well.

thank you for replying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally you would enter Prepare Form mode and see it directly, but this is a special kind of PDF file, created in LiveCycle Designer, not Acrobat, so it can only be edited in that application. Many official forms are like this, which makes it much more difficult to work with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines