• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate Acrobat Bookmarks

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to automate the creation of bookmarks on a 300+ page PDF in Acrobat. There is consistent title I would like every three pages at the top of the page, but it is a hassle to go through the entire document, highlight every third heading, and bookmark it. Is there a way I can automate this process using JavaScript? Alternatively, it would be nice to make a bookmark at each change in a variable field that is in order numerically, though I'm not sure if that's possible with Acrobat.

Thank you in advance and sorry if this was the wrong place to post this question!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be possible, but it's very difficult to say for sure without seeing the actual file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very easy with Acrobat Pro, but your PDFs must be tagged: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-create-structured-bookmarks

If they aren't, first you must add tags with Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines