Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate List Tagging

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What I am trying to do (among other things) is to search a PDF for all content that starts with a • (Bullet) and wrap it with a <L> tag. (List tag)

I have never played around with the Acrobat SDK (haven't had to use C in some time)

So I am currently doing a deep dive into everything and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which interfaces and methods I would be interested in.

I have searched the whole SDK documentation and I haven't found anything that would help manipulate tags.

Environment: Acrobat DC

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know about the existing Auto tagging feature in Acrobat, yes?

However, should you wish to write your own, you can use the PDWordFinder APIs to get access to the text, perform whatever searches you want on it, and then use the PDEdit and PDSEdit APIs to apply tags to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Irosenth Yes I do know about the 'Auto Tag' Feature, but many times it screws up my documents, like really terribly.

I only provided the simplest example. I am also looking to do some more complex things.

Also to clarify, what I would be making would be a plugin right?

If so, can it be possible to instead of having to use the PDWordFinder API, I could select items in the tag list, click on a button and then create a list from those? (Simplified name would be "Create List from selected Items")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use the PDFEdit and PDFEdit layers, based on a good understanding not just of the structure concepts but also the PDF graphics and text models from 32000-1. One thing that is among the most challenging is the need to reimplement large parts of the UI. For example selection of elements. The select text function just selects the text in a rectangular area for extraction purposes, and that's all. There is no connection to the PDFEdit model for text. I recommend implementing your own selection tools based on your specific needs, rather than trying to build anything with Acrobat's built in text selector. There is also no way to interface with existing panels like the tag view. To extend this you have to make your own tag display tool (which cannot be a panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines