I am very new at using Adobe Acrobat and I would need a bit of help for something I'd like to implement.
I created a basic form to be filled by different people, at different time. In order to differenciate each form with a number, I created a field that generate a number constantly growing (thanks to new date().get time() ).
Now that this is done, I would like to add a simple feature which would offer a new name to the PDF when the user save it after fulfilling it.
To be perfectly clear, this is the scheme:
- I fulfill the form
- I want to Save it as a new document on my computer
- I click on "Save As..." in the menu
- At this point I select the destination of the forms
- One I have choosen the destination, I need to enter a name. I would like the name proposal to be automatically linked to the number generated in the PDF. I would like to create something like:
Save As ("Carte cadeau -" & this.getField.data)
Does anyone knows how to implement such a thing?
Thank you very much in advance!
I am pretty sure this is impossible.
It's not possible. The options are:
- Automatically save a file under a desired name and location (requires installing a script on the local machine)
- Showing a pop-up dialog with the desired name before saving the file (but it can't be enforced)
Thank you very much for you answer and your time!