Automation of text insertion

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to insert the same block of text to selected pages of a PDF.  I need it to say "end of report" on multiple pages within a PDF, and I need to place it there as I am going through the PDF.  Sometimes I have thousands of pages in my document, so a footer isn't a great option because I only really know what page I need it on when I am selected on that page, and sometimes pages before or after it may be removed. 

Ideally, I would like to be able to use a keyboard shortcut or a toolbar button. I would like it to automatically go centered and at the bottom of my page, but could also do at the cursor. 

I would like this to be text, not a stamp, because of our internal process using stamps as a commenting tool. 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done using a script, which can be executed through a toolbar icon or a menu item. The latter can be assigned a keyboard accelerator for quick access (Windows only).

If you're interested I could develop this tool for you, for a small fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines