AutoTab without words getting cut off

Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form that has 3 text fields to enter in a long description. I was able to find a script to autotab onto the next text field after a character limit is reached, but now words get cut off in the middle if the character limit is reached. Is there a way to automatically move a word to the next line if it gets cut off due to the character limit?

This is what it looks like now:

Line 1: "This is a long sentence to demonstr

Line 2: "ate."

I want it to act like this:

Line 1: "This is a long sentence to

Line 2: "demonstrate."

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AutoTab without words getting cut off

Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form that has 3 text fields to enter in a long description. I was able to find a script to autotab onto the next text field after a character limit is reached, but now words get cut off in the middle if the character limit is reached. Is there a way to automatically move a word to the next line if it gets cut off due to the character limit?

This is what it looks like now:

Line 1: "This is a long sentence to demonstr

Line 2: "ate."

I want it to act like this:

Line 1: "This is a long sentence to

Line 2: "demonstrate."

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2019 0
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't be impossible for you to write a script that does that. It would need to look backwards in the string, cut it, and put that in the next field. HOWEVER, it wouldn't really work because where the user types may be unpredictable. Their previous typing might be lost, or at the end. You're really reaching outside how PDF forms are made to work well, or at all, and it gets messy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a multi-line text field.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 0