Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch adding footer reference number from xls or csv

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does anyone know how I might use an action in adobe pro to add a document specific footer (ie a reference number) to a folder of documents - based on an index (xls or CSV). So CSV could have filename and then reference and action would look at this to find the reference and then add it as a footer to the document, then move to the next document and repeat.

Any thoughts - or other ways to achieve this would be welcome!

Many thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this functionality can be scripted. But it's not trivial.

AFAIK ther is no off the shelf solution for this.    Contact me if you are interested in paying for a custom solution. Message me from this forum, or an use the contact info at www.pdfscripting.com  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I don't have budget for a custom solution - but I have found a workaround by batch renaming the PDFs to the reference number and then using the publicly available "file name stamper" action. Not perfect but will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines