Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch create Portfolios with Script

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Wanted to know if there is a way to batch create portfolios in Acrobat Pro DC (function or script). Here is what I have.

500 folders with files inside them.

I want to batch create 500 portfolios from these folders and have 500 individual portfolios in the end basically. Right now ACRO only lets my create 1 portfolio at a time.

Also, if possible when the portfolio is created, that it take the name of the folder.

Thanks alot

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do that with Acrobat using just JavaScript alone. Acrobat can't read the file names of the folders or the folder names. You'd need some other process that first creates the list of files and folders and then Acrobat could use that to construct the Portfolios.

That said. With that volume of files, you should look for another solution other than Acrobat to create your Portfolios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines