• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C++ Plugin Update recent file list

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a C++ Acrobat plugin responsible for opening of secured PDFs from secured on disk location. To provide good user expierience I would like to add / remove the secured PDF file entries from the recent file list. I am unable to find any C++ Acrobat SDK API which will allow to get and update the list of recent file list. Is there any such APIs which I can use? or any other ideas about how I can provide this functionality?
Any leads will help. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is any such API. If there is no API you cannot affect the list in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That list is saved in the Registry. If your plugin can read/write registry settings then it should be possible to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe not with the new sandboxing.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you tried this, and noticed that the entries are cached in memory when the application is running and will rewrite the entire recently used section when ever Adobe Acrobat is about to exit. Hence need to first quit the Adobe Acrobat and then write the registry and then open the application again. Do you see any other method where I can make the registry changes without quitting the Acrobat application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines