Calculate with fields populated automatically by a website/printing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

So I have a problem with calculations and pre-filled values from an external website/program.

In my case, I am uploading the form to a web-based program. When printing the form from there, it should auto-fill the form with the data it has inside the system. This works fine for single values, but not for calculations.

So let's say the example is:

Value 1: form code 'value_1' -->external system will automatically populate it with the value 'x' (number)

Value 2: form code 'value_2' -->external system will automatically populate with the value 'y' (%)

Value 3: should be the sum of Value 1 x Value 2 y, so: value_1 times value_2 = xy

So before printing the document, all fields are empty. Only when printing, they should be populated with all 3 values.

However, when I try to do this, the calculation never works.

What I have tried so far:

- Formatting the fields to percentage, numbers etc,. -->no effect

- Maintaining the calculation in the extra settings tab -->does not calculate.

I want to know if anybody has had this issue before and could solve it?

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

I really hope somebody can help me - I am a beginner in forms creation and have not been able to identify the same case in the forum.

Any help is really appreciated!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Calculate with fields populated automatically by a website/printing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

So I have a problem with calculations and pre-filled values from an external website/program.

In my case, I am uploading the form to a web-based program. When printing the form from there, it should auto-fill the form with the data it has inside the system. This works fine for single values, but not for calculations.

So let's say the example is:

Value 1: form code 'value_1' -->external system will automatically populate it with the value 'x' (number)

Value 2: form code 'value_2' -->external system will automatically populate with the value 'y' (%)

Value 3: should be the sum of Value 1 x Value 2 y, so: value_1 times value_2 = xy

So before printing the document, all fields are empty. Only when printing, they should be populated with all 3 values.

However, when I try to do this, the calculation never works.

What I have tried so far:

- Formatting the fields to percentage, numbers etc,. -->no effect

- Maintaining the calculation in the extra settings tab -->does not calculate.

I want to know if anybody has had this issue before and could solve it?

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

I really hope somebody can help me - I am a beginner in forms creation and have not been able to identify the same case in the forum.

Any help is really appreciated!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2018 0

Have something to add?