Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculater w/ Tape plugin

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been on the lookout for an Adobe DC plugin that has a calculator with tape.  I can't seem to find one online. 

I was considering writing the plugin myself (I have a degree in Computer Science) but somewhere I read that I needed to purchase a license from Adobe to write and distribute plugins.  Is this true?  If so, what is the cost?

Also, has anyone seen a plugin that does what I'm looking for?

Best,

--R

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you fully understand the difference between Acrobat and Reader? If you do, read on...

Plug-ins for Acrobat have no special license issues.

Plug-ins for Reader require approval (not automatic) and a special license, and payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! PDFlyer has a calculator and a tape where you can edit the line item descriptions for each amount. It's awesome. There are other PDFlyer tools that are great, too. Some need more work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat DC. How do I add PDFlyer to run the calculator tape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't come with Acrobat and isn't made by Adobe. Presumably it's a commercial plug-in you can buy and install. Try Google for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a JavaScript paper tape calculator some time ago. It not an exact UI for a paper tape, but it performs the paper tape function. It takes input either from the keyboard or numbers selected off a PDF page by drawing a rectangle around them. Shows all calculations as stacked numbers (just like a paper tape calculator) and stamps the results onto the PDF as a Text Annotation.

If you are a member of www.pdfscripting.com you can download it.

Here's the link: Search Downloads

Here's a screen shot of the dialog and the stamped results:

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines