calendar picker

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am looking for a good calendar picker for a form I am doing, I don't mind paying for it if it does the job.

thanks

Paul

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe added a built-in calendar picker in the latest versions of Acrobat and Reader. You just need to set the field's Format to Date and it will appear automatically.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

calendar picker

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am looking for a good calendar picker for a form I am doing, I don't mind paying for it if it does the job.

thanks

Paul

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe added a built-in calendar picker in the latest versions of Acrobat and Reader. You just need to set the field's Format to Date and it will appear automatically.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 2
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, thanks very much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you try67.  Glad to hear this functionality exists.  I am relatively new to PDF forms and I have tried to add a date picker to my form using the advice you provided in your post however, I cannot get the calendar option to appear.  I have added a date field and ensured it was formatted as such but no calendar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The calendar picker is only available in Acrobat DC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thom,

I believe I am using Acrobat DC.  Any other recommended solutions?

Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the format of a text field is set "Date", then when a user clicks on the field, so that the field has focus and the cursor is inside the text field with an I-beam cursor.  Then a down arrow button will appear on the left side of the field. Click on this button to display the date picker.  If you are not seeing this, then either the format is set incorrectly, or you are not on Acrobat DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user of the form needs to  be using Adobe Reader DC or Acrobat DC any prior versions this will not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure the Calendar Selector is already available in Acrobat Pro DC "perpetual licence"…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0