Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call a value from a webapi

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i want to call a numeric value from an api i created and assign it somewhere or compare it to other values. is this possible in pdf?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

The most reliable method would be to set up the submit action so it submits to the web server at "HTML Form". To return a value to the form, the server would generate an FDF that includes the field name/value pair. When the response from the server is received by Reader, the field will be populated by the value in the FDF. This can work with a PDF viewed with Chrome's built-in PDF viewer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the interface to your web API? POST? SOAP? HTTP submit? Something else?

Will users expect to use this from a web browser such as Chrome or Edge? From a mobile device? Or just from Acrobat Pro? Or do you expect it to work with the free Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wanted to build a simple http api, a simple get returning e.g. a number.

users should be using it in adobe reader dc. i am trying to implement it in adobe pro 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most reliable method would be to set up the submit action so it submits to the web server at "HTML Form". To return a value to the form, the server would generate an FDF that includes the field name/value pair. When the response from the server is received by Reader, the field will be populated by the value in the FDF. This can work with a PDF viewed with Chrome's built-in PDF viewer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see an example of what George suggested, take a look here: Connect to Database from PDF Form - This Time Without SOAP - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is actually working, thank you very much!

In the end its very important to take a good look at the format of everything i guess, but i am able to get information from my webserver into my pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines