• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a Acrobat SDK plugin edit the fields of a PDF Portfolio?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to edit values in a PDF Portfolio?

I made a plugin for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC that adds a menu item and and does an action. Currently the plugin gets a page number from an open PDF Portfolio document and displays the page number in a popup window.  What I want to do is add that page number into a PDF Portfolio field for that PDF document.

I read through the Developing Plugins and Applications Guide in the Acrobat SDK library documentation page, but I didn't see anything about updating Adobe PDF Portfolios.  Is it possible to update the PDF Portfolio with a plugin?  If so, can someone point me to the right direction or to some examples?

Not sure if if helps, but I added an image of the PDF Portfolio.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly going to be possible in a plug-in, since the Cos layer gives access to everything. But I feel there is probably a layer or two that streamlines access. You will need to know, I suspect, the internal representation of a portfolio as defined by ISO 32000. A barrier is the term "portfolio" - invented by Adobe to describe something, but not the name used in ISO 32000. 

A portfolio is two things

- a collection of file attachments (which you can manage with PDFileAttachment APIs)

- a presentation layer added on top of this, which the specificaton calls "Collections" (12.3.5), and which have PDCollection APIs.

Is there a "replace this element PDF in the parent portfolio" API? Nothing that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  I'll look into PDFileAttachment and PDCollection.  

I know I can add values to the PDF portfolio fields with javascript. Is there a way to integrate javacript into my plugin code? Or is that a whole can of worms that's not worth opening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines