can I have a script that underlines the results in a text field on a form????

Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a mail merge to customize a pdf with an email address and URL for 150 different people. is there a way to have the form underline those two fields during the merge?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can I have a script that underlines the results in a text field on a form????

Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a mail merge to customize a pdf with an email address and URL for 150 different people. is there a way to have the form underline those two fields during the merge?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2017 0
try67 LATEST
Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to underline text in a text field is to use the Rich Text Formatting option and an array of Span objects, with the underline property set to true. This is not possible with the built-in mail merge command, though, because it can only import plain-text values.

To do it would require a customized script that performs the mail merge, AND can convert the values into Spans.

If you're interested I could develop such a script for you, for a fee. I've already developed a mail merge script with additional features (Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mail Merge and Email), so it should not be too difficult.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2017 0