• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can multiple Digital Signature fields in PDF form be auto-filled?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All

Is there a way to inital all pages of a PDF form/document automatically by signing in one digital signature field when creating the PDF form/document? Or the auto multiple signings can only be done via form filling app/software?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

STohSG

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "form filling app software" and what does that have anything to do with applying a digital signature ?

You  sign one signature field and you can initial all pages in a document in a variety of ways using Acrobat JavaScript.

All you need to do is add a script that executes when the signature is applied to grab the initials from the first, middle, and last mame, and copy to the text fields that you need them to be copied to.

This is an entire different procedure than trying to copy one digital signature into different signing fields throughout a PDF.

If you're using software that copies a digital signature and populates it in other fields of a PDF document, I may have to say that you're not protecting or enforcing digital signature standards appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ls_rbls

Thanks for your reply and the javascript suggestion. I will try to find out on the required javascript coding.

Is there a procedure that can copy one digital signature into different signing fields throughout a PDF?

Yes, i'm referring to the software that copies the digital signature which i'm trying to avoid.

Thanks again.

Best regards

STohSG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The digital signature always applies to the whole document, and any marks it makes on a page are irrelevant. Never, ever, should there be more than one digitial signature on the same file by the same person. So the question might be: how can I initial all pages of a file BEFORE applying a digital signature... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Test_Screen_Name

Thank you for rephrasing my question. Any suggestion to initial all pages before applying the digital signature please?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

STohSG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines