• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can PageRotation be reset without rotating the page?

Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forms which have had pages rotated in Acrobat (they come from InDesgin files with vertical spreads, where half of the pages are rotated 180°)

In Acrobat, I usually rotate the pages back 180° to proper reading orientation, but there is an issue if the user opens the form in Apple Preview. Apparently, Preview doesn't recognize the form field rotation; the page views in proper rotated space, but the fields do not.

I'd like to be able to clear the PageRotation WITHOUT rotating the page - i.e. change the 180 to 0 for the page, while maintaining the current page orientation and field locations.

Is this at all possible?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it can be done using a script, which basically re-creates the file. However, it will flatten all form fields, comments, links, etc. in it, so I'm not sure if that will solve your issue... If so, feel free to contact me privately (try6767 at gmail.com) to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flattening pages seems to do what I need, I should be able to do the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines