• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone tell if Acrobat is compatible with Mac OS High Sierra?

Participant ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My macbook pro I've been using for all these years has finally pooped out and now I'm in search of a another one. The only thing is I don't want to purchase another old one. Now they're all newer and the OS has changed. The ones that I can afford come with the OS High Sierra, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to install my Acrobat X pro onto a laptop running this OS. If you know if it will or will not be compatible, please let me know? Thanks so much guys.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not supported on High Sierra. It reached end of support in 2015.

Acrobat DC is compatible, see Acrobat and macOS 10.13 High Sierra compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the respond. Would you know or advise on the best or most stable OS for Acrobat X? I need to resolve this problem real soon because I feel lost without my computer and my Acrobat program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X works with Mac OS X version 10.5.8, 10.6.4 (2009)

People began to report scanner problems with Acrobat X with  10.7.1 (2011)

Installing, uninstalling Adobe Acrobat X | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not supported on High Sierra but it does run. It works just fine for the most part, you may find that some OS level integrations don't work due to the interfaces on macOS changing but those can easily be worked around.

That said, upgrade to DC and get a subscription. It's absolutely worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me add one thing to what Joel said: The biggest problem with a combination of old Acrobat and new operating system (it does not matter if we are talking Windows or macOS here) is that when something all of a sudden does not work anymore, it's impossible to say if this is due to a new incompatibility (e.g. OS upgrade), or a configuration change. The latter can - if you know what was done - very likely be reversed, with the former, you are very likely out of luck. However, to find out which one you are dealing with may be impossible, based just on the symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines