Can you change document properties with JS?

Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a script for adding layers that works perfectly. However, after executing this script I want to change the document properties to "fit page" and "show layers panel". Is there a way to set the navigation tab, page layout, and magnification using a script (under File>Properties>Initial View)? I know you can set those as your default in acrobat, but this script will be used by others who may not have that as their default, hence why I want to include it in my script.

Thanks

No, these settings can't be changed using a script.

You can embed a script to force the Fit Page zoom level when the file is opened, but not the Layers panel.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can you change document properties with JS?

Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a script for adding layers that works perfectly. However, after executing this script I want to change the document properties to "fit page" and "show layers panel". Is there a way to set the navigation tab, page layout, and magnification using a script (under File>Properties>Initial View)? I know you can set those as your default in acrobat, but this script will be used by others who may not have that as their default, hence why I want to include it in my script.

Thanks

You can embed a script to force the Fit Page zoom level when the file is opened, but not the Layers panel.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2017 0
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 0
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 0