• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot publish Acrobat XI form with scripts imbeded

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get this form published? It has simple math scripts inbeded in form fields. several attempts using 

1. File > Save as other > Reader extended PDF > enable more tools (includes fill-in and save). Here is where I save it with a different name to the desktop but when the form is opened again the scripts are gone and the form  is useless.

2. Then I tried, Tools > forms > distribute > Choose email > continue > send using Adobe Acrobat > give it an email address and it disapears somewhere. This form is for an organization and someone else is responsible for tabulating the responses, i.e., I don't need automated results coming back to me. 

Can someone help?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just send them the file as you've saved it after you've finalized it. You probably don't need to Reader-enable it or distribute it from within Acrobat based on how you describe the forms intended use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Reader Extended PDF" came from the Jurassic age of Acrobat, it's no longer required for Acrobat Reader users to fill forms.

Where are you placing your scripts in the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document is similar to an annual census. I use all the fundimental math functions to ultimately calculate an annual assessment for the craft. Each time I send it to someone for evaluation the scripts are gone and a months worth of work is down the tubes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my details. I thought I could attach the actual file but all I could provide is a summary of the scripts I used. I can't figure out how to get the PDF to you.

Page 1

Council name number is duplicated across pages.

Added is the sum of( Affiliated, Greeted, Reinstate.)

Loss is the sum of (Passed, SX, dCouncil, dnChapt, dnLodge, nCouncil)

YEMbrs  simplified field notation is ( (Last + Added) – Loss) )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psum is a custom calculated script whose data comes from page 3.

var fieldNames = ["Plural1", "Plural2", "Plural3", "Plural4"];  //These members are in >1 organization

var Psum = 0; for (var i in fieldNames) {

var f = this.getField(fieldNames[i]);

if (f.valueAsString!="") Psum ++;

}

event.value =  Psum;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XmT is a calculated script also from page 3.

var fieldNames = ["exempt1", "exempt2", "exempt3", "exempt4", "exempt5", "exempt6", "exempt7", "exempt8", "exempt9", "exempt10", "exempt11", "exempt12", "exempt13", "exempt14", "exempt15", "exempt16", "exempt17", "exempt18", "exempt19"];  // 50 year+ members

var Xmt = 0; for (var i in fieldNames) {

var f = this.getField(fieldNames[i]);

if (f.valueAsString!="") Xmt ++;}

event.value = Xmt;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basis is simplified field notation = (YEMbrs)-(Psum+Xmt)

Product & Amt Due are simplified field notations (Basis * 15)

Tsub is the sum of ( T Y, TBB )

Teb is simplified field notation (Tsub-Tex)

The trustees in the  other column follows the same naming convention above  beginning with TR

Page 2 and page 3 have no calculations however their “text” are summarized and reported on page three as previously noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to share the form but can't figure out how. Can you help with that also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple set of scripts is( # of members last year + new members - ( exempt members + members that belong to > 1 organization)) then elsewhere in another field that (result * 15 for a dues due figure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stand and watch the person doing the work. My bet is that they are not using Acrobat Reader, but some other app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The saga is over now. The fix was simple, I only had Adobe Acrobat XI Pro on the pc so Microsoft or some other app (?) would open the file when I wanted to test it outside the development environment and it would not perform, see all the above. Once I installed the free Reader app and opened my document in it, everything worked perfectly and I was confident that my users would have no trouble using the form. Many "Dankas" to the person whose domain is "de".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines