• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cascade droplist

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm likely out of my element here... but here goes!

I created a file in excel and made a form with it in Adobe Acrobat XI Standard (in Windows).

I have 3 dropdown lists that I want to be dependent - or cascade?  For example - if the category "BOILER" is chosen, then the Sub-Category only allows a list containing "Alpa, Beta, or Charlie" as it's 3 choices... and if Beta is chosen as the Sub-Category(1), then the Sub-Category(2) only has a list containing 1033, 1003, 10003

Is that realistic or too complicated for a beginner like me?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly doable. Whether or not you'll be able to write the code required to achieve it, is up to you...

Basically you would need to use the Validate or Keystroke event of the first two fields to set the values of the ones after them in the "cascade", based on a data model of some kind.

If you're interested, I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you you to set up such "cascading" drop-down fields very easily (based on a spreadsheet with all the data in it), without having to write any code. You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Create Cascading Dropdowns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a new job... not even sure this will be used -- I'm just trying to impress...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines