• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Encoding Failed

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make and accessible PDF and when I ran the full check, the message "character encoding failed" came up. When I clicked on it, it showed "word" a bunch of times. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheilah, sorry I do not know of a way to fix this problem in a PDF. Best bet - if you have access to the source document - is to recreate the PDF. Desperate last resorts you might try include converting the PDF to Word then back to PDF or (cringe) refrying - that is printing the PDF to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem, and it was suggested to replace the characters in Acrobat through Edit PDF (which is not the solution if fonts are missing), or to add Actual Text in the <P> tag, which is good for the readers, but will not pass the PAC 3 checker or CommonLook. So - original file fix is still the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Around 4 fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines