• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkbox value to be displayed with another value in the text feld

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a statement which has 4 options and user can only select option from them, For example

Q: Which fruit is called the king of all from these?

a. Apple

b. Grapes

c. Mango

d . Peanut

My Answer: _______

When the user will select any one checkbox from above,  i want the text field to show that option alphabet in the below text field.

Like if he select 'Apple' i want to show the alphabet 'a' at bottom only.

Currently, i have given these 4 options checkbox a number value which i am using to calculate marks so as far my knowledge this can only be done by giving the above checkbox value a substitute in the below text field using javascript.

Can somebody assist me in this since am not an expert in javascript?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

So i managed to get this done with the help of this code:

Below code mentioned in the My Answer Text Field and name this field as Text Field 3

event.value = this.getField("Check Box 1").value;

if (event.value == "Off") event.value = "";  //This will catch up the option alphabet value based on the option that i selects.

Then Below code pasted in the text field of Point Value which will show the number in corresponds to the option that is selected.

event.value = this.getField("Text Field 3").value;

// i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few ways to do this, but the easy one is to use a case statement in the Calculation script for the Answer field.

I'm assuming you really mean these are radio buttons, where only one can be set at a time.

For example:

var cValue = this.getField("FruitQuestion").value;

switch(cValue)

{

case 1:

event.value = "a";

break;

case 2:

event.value = "g";

break;

}

fill it out for all the values.

BTW: Durian is the King of Fruits, look it up.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing this by checkbox actually and if you use the same name for all 4 checkbox and only change there value then you only can select 1 option from all 4 options..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clear you more, here's the question 1,

Capture.JPG

After the user will select any one option from the above  i will basically be needing 2 things from it.

1. The option alphabet that he select will be showing under my Answer column show below.

2. The 'point value' will give him the marks based on option he select i,e(like for option a=1, option b=2, option c=3, option d=4, option e=5)

So i have given all the 4 checbox name as CHECK BOX 1 and there values 1,2,3,4 and 5. Now i only need the alphabet part to shown in the first column while the Point value is working fine since its taking the value from the option that he selects.

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So i managed to get this done with the help of this code:

Below code mentioned in the My Answer Text Field and name this field as Text Field 3

event.value = this.getField("Check Box 1").value;

if (event.value == "Off") event.value = "";  //This will catch up the option alphabet value based on the option that i selects.

Then Below code pasted in the text field of Point Value which will show the number in corresponds to the option that is selected.

event.value = this.getField("Text Field 3").value;

// if value is "Off" then clear the field

if (event.value == "a") event.value = "1";

if (event.value == "b") event.value = "2";

if (event.value == "c") event.value = "3";

if (event.value == "d") event.value = "4";

if (event.value == "e") event.value = "5";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines