• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concatenate a string in to the this getField() property.

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. Wondering if it's possible to concatenate a string in to the this getField() property.

I'll elaborate.

I have a script writing pro forma with two main text fields SCRIPT-1 and SCRIPT-2. (The same page is saved as a template.)

With a button I can spawn a new page with new text fields then the fields names become P1.ScriptPage.SCRIPT-1 and P1.scriptfile.SCRIPT-2.

Each page increments the 'P' value by one for the UID.

What I want to do is run a simple for loop to run through all the iterations of SCRIPT-1 and 2 on each page and bring them in to a single variable for outputting in a single textbox 'all2oneText'. This all2oneText is on a third spawned page of a different template.

This is the code I am using. Can someone help me to correct it?

getField("all2oneText").value = this.getField("SCRIPT-1").valueAsString + "\n";

getField("all2oneText").value += this.getField("SCRIPT-2").valueAsString + "\n";

//gets SCRIPT-1 and SCRIPT-2 in to all2oneText

if(numPages > 2){

getField("all2oneText").value += "More than 2 pages \n";

//checks that page quantity is big enough to contain some iterations of script-1 / script-2 items.

//Also I am outputting "More than 2 pages" to show myself that the code is actually firing.

//my simple for Loop . This is where the code doesn't work. I must have it completely wrong.

for(i = 1; i < numPages-1; i++) {

container = {};

//blank variable called container.

getField("all2oneText").value += this.getField(container["P" + i + ".ScriptPage.SCRIPT-1"]).valueAsString + "\n" + this.getField(container["P" + i + ".ScriptPage.SCRIPT-2"]).valueAsString + "\n";

//combining P with i to create the P number + "ScriptPage.SCRIPT-1" should equate to P1.ScriptPage.SCRIPT-1 output to the field.

}

}

I have completely gotten that wrong at the end I'm certain because I have no idea how to concatenate a string as a variable.

I wonder if its because the " " quotation marks are not part of the concatenation

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

You don't need the variable container.

You can access the field like this:

this.getField("P" + i + ".ScriptPage.SCRIPT-1").valueAsString

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need the variable container.

You can access the field like this:

this.getField("P" + i + ".ScriptPage.SCRIPT-1").valueAsString

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that was what I was after. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines