• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control the tab order to allow switching between pages.

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set tab order going from page one then to page two and then back to page one. The only way i know how to do this is to set the tab order on the left hand side in Acrobat.  Is there a way to write a jave script to allow me to tab from one page to the next and then back?  I can't figure this out.  THANKS again for any advice!

updated the title : Malcolm Thomson

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the built-in tab order of form fields to achieve it. Just add transparent buttons that don't do anything on each page (or something like that) and you'll be able to tab between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea.  I can't figure out how to tab between them.  I am going to continue to try.  Maybe I'll figure it out before you reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would be careful of doing this if there is the possibility of users needing to use the accessibility features. As this could make it hard for them to follow the flow of the document.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still trying to figure this out with tabbing.  I've set up a calculating form which is working very nicely.  I can tab through each page in the correct order with no issues.  Here is where I'm stuck.  I have someone go through the form about 8 lines.  When they get to the 8th line and tab, I'd like for it to tab to a section on the back page.  Once they tab through that section for about 10 lines, then I'd like for it to tab back to the front page and then finish the rest of the form.  I have no idea how to make this happen.  I tried adding a transparent button but I'm still not understanding how to make this work.  If you have a little more insight on how to set this up I would greatly appreciate it.  THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines