conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode, conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode, conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode.

I am supposing that, like in manual mode, Word is waiting for the user to acknoledge some dialog.

Can I control Word from the conversion process?

Thanks a lot.

Christian

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode, conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode, conversion from a word file with AVConversionConvertToPDF hangs when word file is in revision mode.

I am supposing that, like in manual mode, Word is waiting for the user to acknoledge some dialog.

Can I control Word from the conversion process?

Thanks a lot.

Christian

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to run this in a background task? You can’t.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word has a COM interface, but I don't think you can access it from an Acrobat Plug-in. But you could try, and if it works you can move the doc out of revision mode before performing the conversion.

What happens when you try this from the Acrobat UI. Is it handled properly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2018 1