Convert letters into numeric values for multiple fields

Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a form where letter grades will be entered. I need the form to convert the letter grade into a number value. The corresponding number values will be added together to calculate a total in another field.

For this scenario, A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0. For reference, some of the field names are "ELA1", "ELA2", "ELA3", and "ELA4".

I am new to this and can't quite find a similar solution. Thank you for any help!

I would use a drop-down with the letters as the items and the numbers as their export values. You would then be able to add them up using the built-in Sum command. It's the easiest way of doing it.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Convert letters into numeric values for multiple fields

Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a form where letter grades will be entered. I need the form to convert the letter grade into a number value. The corresponding number values will be added together to calculate a total in another field.

For this scenario, A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0. For reference, some of the field names are "ELA1", "ELA2", "ELA3", and "ELA4".

I am new to this and can't quite find a similar solution. Thank you for any help!

I would use a drop-down with the letters as the items and the numbers as their export values. You would then be able to add them up using the built-in Sum command. It's the easiest way of doing it.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2019 0
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 2
hockward LATEST
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wow. That is so much easier than what I was trying to do initially and it accomplishes what I want.

Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 0