Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy specific text from CSV file into text fields in PDF

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question I can't find anywhere in google. Is there any way I can copy text from CSV file into specific text fields into PDF using JavaScript? I need this beacuse I want others to have allways updated version of PDF file so everytime I have to change something I change it in that CSV file not in the code. PDF file has Drop down menu which changes text in text fields on selection and is easily done with JavaScript Actions, but as I said I dont want to change that in code, but in some CSV file when needed. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to do it, but it's tricky to implement. First of all, the CSV file will have to be located in a known and shared location for all users. Also, you would have to embed a script in the file to load the data from it when opened, as well as installing a script on the local machine for the code to read the external file. If all of that is possible in your case then it should be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can read a bit about data handling in Acrobat Here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Form-Data-Handling.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines