• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Counting number of documents in portfolio in acrobat DC pro

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used acrobat to export several thousand emails to a pdf portfolio.  (Worked great by the way and I love the way attachments to email stay attached as links to pdf.)

I now need to count the number of documents in the portfolio.

Found this question with an answer in the forum here: How To Display Acrobat Portfolio File Count in DC? 

Answer involved using the javascript which I'd never done.  I opened the debug console and followed the instructions in the post.  I get an error.  So, (1) is there any way to do this without using javasript or, if not, (2)what am I doing wrong. 

What I did: Opened console and typed:

app.alert("This portfolio has " + this.data.Objects.length + " files attached to it.",3);

When I select the text given and use Cntrl-Enter, get this error: "TypeError: this.dataObjects is null
1:Console:Exec
undefined

No document within portfolio is open, though I am seeing preview in bottom pane (which I don't know how to get rid of).

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click on any document in the portfolio and click Coversheet. Then you run the script. 

Step One: CTRL + J

Step 2: Paste Below code

app.alert("This portfolio has " + this.dataObjects.length + " files attached to it.",3)

Step 3: then click CTRL + Enter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines